Italy and Nature’s Haunted House of Green

As I walk though the alleys and streets of Verona, Lake Garda and Venice, I occasionally come across these beautiful colors that nature has painted on the stone.  I now find myself seeking them out.  They are bold and the designs original..

“Nature is a haunted house–but Art–is a house that tries to be haunted.”
Emily Dickinson, The Complete Poems

Jennifer Allison
Jennifer Allison
Jennifer Allison
Jennifer Allison
Advertisements

10 thoughts on “Italy and Nature’s Haunted House of Green

• onestreetshy October 4, 2012 / 3:24 am

It is….the color is amazing. I will eventually try to copy it it think.

• occultoantonio October 4, 2012 / 4:03 am

yes, why not? I think you could copy very well.

1. gabrielablandy October 4, 2012 / 6:03 am

Lovely – and so relevant for me. The slate here in Wales is covered by beautifully coloured spreads of litchen, which I have been trying to photograph.

2. gotasté October 4, 2012 / 8:19 am

and they are actually alive.

• onestreetshy October 4, 2012 / 9:14 am

I know, and growing all the time. Absolutely amazing…

3. gotasté October 4, 2012 / 8:19 am

and the design changes with time.

4. Wendell A. Brown October 4, 2012 / 7:23 pm

And natures life always blossom more beautifully with the coming of each new day. Your spirit always seems to understand true treasure…that in itself is a gift.

• onestreetshy October 4, 2012 / 11:47 pm

I agree completely. And a gift? I dunno….I think we all see it…if we just stop and look 🙂 Thank you Wendell

5. passionatetravellers October 5, 2012 / 10:41 pm

when i look at such walls – buildings-old forgotten monuments and statues– one thought comes to my mind– that they hide many many secrets of so many generations within them.so so fascinating.