Relief, A Photograph

“Where the waters do agree, it is quite wonderful the relief they give.”
  – Jane Austen

Tomorrow I am leaving for the warm desert of California for a long weekend getaway.  This morning I walked my trusty dog alongside the frigged water near my house.  A contrast in landscapes – One warm and dry and one cold and wet.  I’ve decided I like them both, if not for their mere contrasts alone.  I’m not sure I could ever live permanently in the desert though.  Although I am far more a land lover than a sea lover, I need it near.  I need to see it.  To smell it.  To be a part of the “relief” it gives, however it’s done…

Home - Jennifer Allison
Home – Jennifer Allison
Advertisements

6 thoughts on “Relief, A Photograph

1. occultoantonio February 6, 2013 / 10:42 am

Wow, it’s cool. Have a nice weekend, Jen. Take care.

• onestreetshy February 10, 2013 / 7:17 pm

Thank you. It was a great relaxing trip indeed. Hope all is well in wonderful Italy.

2. Jeni Johnson February 6, 2013 / 10:58 am

Enjoy the fabulous desert! BTW- your post just ignited my hopes to live in Washington! 🙂

• onestreetshy February 10, 2013 / 7:17 pm

Was great Jeni! Are you two thinking of moving back stateside soon?

3. António DL October 4, 2014 / 5:05 pm

“I need to live in a city that has mighty oceanic waves nearby. Probably I’d be mildly happy if it was close to a sea, or even a lake, as long as it’s large enough to merge with the sky on the horizon.”

As my quote shows, it’s not uncommon this need of yours to have the sea near.

• One Street Shy October 4, 2014 / 5:06 pm

You’re correct once again – it is extremely important to me, the land lover, to be near to the sea