Girls Who Read, A Poem by Mark Grist

This video poem was sent to me recently. I don’t usually share videos on this forum, although not only did I find it entirely refreshing, but thought it worthwhile enough to share with all those girls out there like me, who may one day be found buried underneath a pile of books while others are found underneath a pile of make-up and clothes.

Advertisements

12 thoughts on “Girls Who Read, A Poem by Mark Grist

1. Swami Tommy July 8, 2014 / 12:01 pm

That was really good

2. António DL July 16, 2014 / 9:00 pm

Thank you for sharing this. And long live the bibliosexual!

• António DL July 17, 2014 / 10:26 am

Yeah…

“Not tonight, darling. I’ve to finish this book.”

• One Street Shy July 17, 2014 / 10:40 am

“But she’d still be sweet and she’d still be flirty,
          ’cause she loves the classics
          and they’re pretty dirty.
          And that means late at night she’ll always have me in a stupor,
          as we re‐enact the raunchy bits from the works of Jilly Cooper.”

• António DL July 17, 2014 / 1:00 pm

Oh, bummer. You preemptively ruined the second half of my comment which would be in the lines of, “I’m glad, my love, to see you got rid of that nasty headache.”

• One Street Shy July 17, 2014 / 2:05 pm

“I want a girl who reads.
            A girl whose eyes will analyze the menu over dinner,
            who’ll use what she learns to kick my arse in arguments so she always ends the winner.”
            🙂

3. António DL July 17, 2014 / 1:29 pm

Nothing was lost though as my attempt at playing the devil’s advocate was a lost case from the very beginning.

4. António DL July 17, 2014 / 4:08 pm

“she always ends the winner”
    In this case, it was a humiliating defeat as all she had to do was quote the video poem that was supposed to be commented here…

• António DL July 17, 2014 / 10:19 pm